Investing in a population’s health is critical for improving livelihoods and creating sustainable, long-term development. Banyan Global has developed a unique technical niche in the healthcare field by adapting business and finance skills to working with the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors to achieve positive health outcomes in developing countries. Our efforts help to build systems, improve maternal and child health, reproductive health and nutrition, promote HIV/AIDS prevention and treatment, and reduce disease.
Our healthcare team includes commercial and public health professionals and financial sector experts, bringing together knowledge and experience from these diverse backgrounds.
Our health sector work focuses on the following:
- Health systems strengthening and capacity building: Banyan Global has proven expertise in developing and improving systems and training not-for-profit, public sector, and private sector health professionals to grow and expand operations, improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and streamline operations.
- Private health sector development: Banyan Global strengthens the private sector’s ability to contribute to positive public health outcomes. Our experts structure public-private partnerships, promote provider networks and franchises, improve access to finance and business development services, and strengthen health financing and regulatory reform.
- Access to finance for private providers: Banyan Global works with local and international financial institutions to promote health sector lending and investment, links private providers to business development services, and negotiates and supports development and implementation of guarantees and other financial instruments.
- Health financing and microinsurance: Our experts help formal sector insurers, managed-care companies, governments, social security systems, and microfinance institutions expand health care coverage in a financially sustainable way.
- Provider networks and franchises: Banyan Global works with health networks to develop business plans and feasibility studies. Our team has experience restructuring operations to maximize economies of scale, improve viability, and achieve impact. In addition, we help franchisees to improve their viability through business training and access to finance.
- Human resources for health: Banyan Global strengthens workforce development by building the capacity of private medical training institutes and expanding student financing options to increase enrollment and graduation rates.
- Public-private partnerships: Banyan Global brokers public-private partnerships (PPPs) and alliances to promote positive health outcomes. We strengthen the capacity of the public sector to implement PPPs. We also work with companies to develop corporate social policy, as well as workplace and other health programs.
- Non-governmental organizations’ sustainability: Banyan Global builds the institutional capacity of not-for-profit organizations in the health sector, focusing on the areas of financial management, business planning, pricing, cost recovery and income generation, organizational development, and governance.
- Economic strengthening, food security, and health: Working at the nexus of health, nutrition, HIV/AIDS, and economic development, Banyan Global designs and implements programming that improves livelihoods and positively impacts health outcomes of vulnerable groups.
- Gender and youth: Banyan Global designs, implements, and monitors activities to ensure that men and women and young people have equitable access to health services and products.